Friday, December 30, 2005

How to name a blog

How do you name a blog when you're the millionth person to the blogging party? I thought I would name my blog "tibo", which is a nickname I use when gaming. Nope, taken. What about my first name? There's no web site published with it on blogger, but it's still taken.

Perhaps I could name it "Crazy Horse". He was always a hero of mine, for being such a great warrior, and kicking George Custer's ass at the Battle of Little Bighorn. This reminds me that I haven't seen Little Big Man in a long time, and it's one of my favorites. It's a terrific, funny movie. But Crazy Horse is taken, too.

Then I thought I would name it "Krazy Kat", since I have been such a fan of comics, and the original Krazy Kat & Ignatz strips were such marvelous cartoons, full of love, word-play, and imagination. But you know someone named Katherine or Katrina would have grabbed this years ago, and sure enough, that one's taken, too.

I went through variations on phrases from Shakespeare: Bare Bodkin, Vasty Deep, Wandering Bark, all from soliloquies or poems I admire. Nothing. Dazang, as someone much younger and hipper than me would say. They were all taken. It's a little frustrating because, although these are not the bumper sticker phrases that define me in any significant way, they are relevant to me, and now they're all taken up by blogs that were never updated.

Finally, I tried a few phrases from King Lear, and jumped at the first one that worked. A little arrogant, a little humble, and I guess that's it. Poof: my l'il blog has a name now. Now all I need is some meaning, purpose, and a few dozen more posts before it becomes remotely interesting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Caroline said...

I think it's a fabulous name!!! And cod pieces are innately funny.

Wednesday, 04 January, 2006  
Blogger travis said...

too true. that's possibly the best part of learning about shakespeare in high school, eventually you'll learn about cod pieces.

Wednesday, 04 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blog Flux Directory