Wednesday, January 04, 2006

He looked fast even in slo-mo

On any given day, I really don't care about football. Don't watch it, don't read about it, couldn't tell you which teams are on top. I didn't even know the Rose Bowl was today. But I did grow up at my grandfather's knee watching college football, and I was absolutely transfixed tonight by the USC game against the Texas Longhorns, #1 and #2, respectively. Every minute seemed to top the next, and both teams kept on making one fantastic play after another. Vince Young was unbelievable. Texas was down by 12 with five minutes left to play, and they came back to win. How in the world do you stop that guy?

Plus side of the game: Vince makes up for not getting the Heisman. (Who did get it? Was Jesus playing college ball this year?) Man, he was in the running for both 2004 and 2005? Ouch!

Minus side of the game: I stayed more than an hour and a half extra at the gym watching this thing, and I'm going to be moving like an unwrapped mummy tomorrow. Maybe I can just sit and look thoughtful on the company couch for eight hours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous wrd said...

Vince Young is going to look great in a Saints uniform.

Thursday, 05 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blog Flux Directory