Sunday, February 12, 2006

Official scores are in: I am lefty, nerdy, and dead in 2053

In response to a question on dailykos.com, I computed my political compass score. It's predictably lower-left:
Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.69
So, like many other lefties, I'm thrilled to be somewhere near the Dalai Lama, Gandhi, and Nelson Mandela, as you can see on the chart below (Gandhi is on the other graph). It's kind of a shame there aren't people that I do admire in the other quadrants. I'm sure that there must be, e.g., Winston Churchill. As it is, all I can say is that I haven't hated every single thing that Ariel Sharon has done: he was a patriot, in his way, and he was quite competent as a general. (Gosh, I just typed that in using the past tense without thinking...)



In other score ratings, I am expected to live for 47 more years, according to the Mortality Calculator, or even longer if I can reduce my stress and get more sleep and exercise.

I looked up my nerd score, and I was only moderately nerdy, with 27% of the tested population scoring higher than I am. There's another mortality test on that page, and it also tells me I'll live about 45 more years, and I'll die of a heart attack.

Sadly, there is no way for me to find a literacy score, so I cannot find my relative nerdiness with respect to assorted Romance poets. Have you ever read Goblin Market? Can you think of a good reason why you shouldn't read it right now? I thought not.

Either way, it's clear. I've got to head to the gym soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blog Flux Directory