Thursday, February 23, 2006

Spam recipes from Gmail

Not everyone is aware of this, but the software behind gmail examines the text of your email very closely. If you mention Britney, there might be a text ad relating to Britney. If you talk about your Hello Kitty backpack, here come the related ads. It's more than a little creepy; but as with so many other Google features, they suck you in with tremendous, nearly perfect execution.

Here's the ad that appeared when I looked at my spam folder.

No, I didn't click the recipe. If you think you would like spam fajitas, you should just eat that crap right out of the can. (Apologies to any Hawaiians in the audience.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Spicy Spam (it comes fully injected with Tabasco) is the shit! But I wouldn't eat it out of the can, silly! It has to be sliced and then pan-fried. Or mixed in with fried rice. Then you're REALLY cooking with gas (to borrow a phrase)!!!

Thursday, 23 February, 2006  
Blogger travis said...

oh, dear. I think I have to lie down now.

I love pork in all its forms -- but I really have to draw the line at spam. I'm sure it's tasty. it's just unspecified ham product in a metal can, and oh, I just can't. ew.

Thursday, 23 February, 2006  
Anonymous wrd said...

Spam with Velveeta. New you're cooking with gas!

Friday, 24 February, 2006  
Blogger travis said...

God, it's like I have a hangover or something. These suggestions are really making my gorge rise. I never knew I had such a deep response to spam. Maybe hypnotherapy would work.

Ok, I will see your bet and raise you: spam and balut.

Friday, 24 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blog Flux Directory