Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Photos from North Korea

A Russian photographer was able to partially evade his handlers in North Korea, and take a wide variety of pictures. The entire photo essay is worth checking out, but beware if you're on 56k.

Here are two photos I found striking. He says that the North Koreans everywhere found his white skin astonishing. The Russian scrawled on this photo means "Look, there's a nigger in pink." (Click to see full size).


With no fuel, his old man is using the only means available to plow his godforsaken land. Check out the ribs on that poor ox, too. What a miserable life.


They are prisoners.


1 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

I totally saw this page the other day because it was linked off of Wikipedia as an additional resource. I did this research after having watched Seoul Train, a PBS documentary that is available on Netflix. The film left me feeling completely helpless and wondering what I can do, beyond money, short of risking my life, to help.

Anyway, see it! "Seoul Train"

Monday, 26 June, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Blog Flux Directory